The person who inspired me to learn was definitely my mom. She has inspired me to learn since I was 4. She used to read me bedtime stories every night until I decided that I wanted to be the one to read to her. No matter how many hours she had worked or how tired she was, she always made time to read to me and teach me how to read – even if it took hours on end. I remember sitting on my bed most nights of the week and we would just read together and we wouldn’t stop reading until I was able to get through the whole book. When I was growing up I loved to read. I had so many books. But the inspiration to learn didn’t stop there. My mom always wanted what was best for me. She wanted me to excel in everything I did. She got me into school programs to help me advance my reading and math skills in elementary school. When I was in the third grade it was a combination class of third and fourth graders and I was doing all the work from the fourth grade books because the third grade books were too boring for me – I was too advanced and my teacher wanted to see if I could handle the material. I was an over achiever back then. My mom is still inspiring me to learn new things, not only in school but in life as well. I’m sure she will continue to inspire me for years to come.
"No matter how many hours she had worked or how tired she was, she always made time to read to me and teach me how to read – even if it took hours on end. I remember sitting on my bed most nights of the week and we would just read together and we wouldn’t stop reading until I was able to get through the whole book." Wow.... that's love, honey. You will translate these moments over to your own life with your own children (if you choose to have little ones). Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading about you and your mom.
ReplyDelete